Leek and potato soup makes a perfect meal at this time of year and this simple recipe is easy to prepare and will taste delicious.
Make on a Sunday night for lunchtime meals for the whole week.
Takes 40 minutes & serves 4-6
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 3 leeks, washed and sliced
- 25g butter
- tsp of olive oil
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 litre chicken stock (I use a chicken Knorr stockpot)
- 150ml single cream
- Seasoning: garlic granules, salt and pepper
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan
- Add the onions and leeks and cook on a low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft.
- Add the potato, chicken stock, a tsp of garlic granules and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer on a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Take the soup off the heat and blend with a handblender. If the soup is too thick, add boiling water until the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Blend the cream into the soup.